Skip to main content

13 years

It's been a memorable 13 years and I pray there will be plenty more years to come! Amin

Navigating through marriage life indeed teaches me so many things. You discover your qualities and skills you never knew it was existing, you learn to take and give, you learn to tolerate, accept the differences, encourage one another to do good, overlook the shortcomings, learn to forgive, learn to find the best time to speak, learn to speak with wisdom, learn to understand each other's point of view.

I always believe that Allah ﷻ grants us a spouse to complete us and learn from one another and meet somewhere in the middle. I often find spouse possess opposite character. Extrovert and introvert, ahead planner and last minute one, outgoing and indoor person. 

My philosophy is: being married is like being a pair of slipper. If your spouse is the right slipper then be the left one (of course this doesn't imply any negative connotation) - what I mean is: complement each other and never expect your spouse to be exactly the same as you! 
Just like slipper, the colour will match, the size will be the same, the style will be identical but it comes as a pair! 

Mabruk too to my dearest twin Umm Adam who born and got married at the same day as me 😃

Here's dua that might inspires those who's in their journey to find the other slipper...ops I mean the other half! 
---------------

Oh Allah, if I fall in love, let me fall in love with someone who commits his love entirely to You, so that my will to
love You also increases.

Guide and limit my love to that someone so that it does not go beyond my love for You.

Oh Allah, if I fall in love, allow me to touch the heart of someone whose heart is constantly thinking of You, so
that I do not fall into the traps of an unfaithful love.

Oh Allah, if I fall in love, guide my heart so that I do not turn away from You.

Oh Allah, if I long for someone, limit my longing so that I do not forget to desire Your Paradise.

Oh Allah, if You permit this love that I have for one who loves you, then do not cause me to transgress my own limits, until i forget that the True Love and Eternal Longing only belongs to You!

Comments

Ina said…
amin..
suka suka... barakallah...

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful British Columbia Part 1

Ini hasil jepretan ku hari sabtu kemarin....Alhamdulillah kami berempat, my twin, her hubbby, her son and daughter pergi bareng2 ke Waterfront, Cypress mountain (tempat sky) Horsehoe bay (port yang cantik), Stanley park, melewati Lion Gate (semacam jembatan di Bosphorus - Tureky) dan juga Squamish (ada air terjunnya). aku berhasil mengumpulkan 200 pics alhamdulillah! puaaaaassssssssssssss

Pemandangan selama naik Ferry Vancouver- Victoria

Poto ini aku ambil saat naik boat berangkat ke Victoria...sedang sunssetnya saat balik ke Vancouver....SubhanAllah....what a incredible view!

My Poor English

Sudah hampir 2 tahun aku di Inggris dan sejak itu pula bahasa inggris adalah bahasa utama dan bisa dibilang bahasa sehari hari.....alhamdulillah awal awal ngomong suamiku cuman bisa ketawa ketiwi aja mendengar isterinya belepotan ngomongnya...tapi sekarang kadang malah memuji 'wow your english is much better than me now...' cieeeeeeeeeee....seneng dooong hai....tapi apakah itu sekedar pujian untuk membesarkan hati isterinya yang gak pede ama bahasa inggrisnya ataukah memang demikian.....diriku tidak peduli...kalo suami yang ngomong percaya aja deh *hueee...iya dong daripada mikir yang aneh2..mendhing positip aja :P* dalam hal speaking emang diriku agak pede but kalo udah listening apalagi bicara lewat telpon yang sifatnya formal (bukan dengan sisters) masih aja grogi dan bahkan masih berantakan....habis kita sendiri gak bisa lihat gerak mulut mereka dan gak bisa pasang muka bingung dihadapan mereka supaya mereka (lawan bicara kita) memperlambat kecepatan bicaranya...karena...