Skip to main content

[percakapan] a wife?

Once Upon the time when we were in the car as I was driving back from Nusaybah's swimming class, my girl Nusaybah who is five years old asked me

Nusaybah:" mama, what is "a wife" mean?"
Me:"Errmmmm... A wife is a woman who is married to a man, for example mama, I am baba's wife" because I am married to baba

Nusaybah:"oooo...so do I have to get married when i grown up?"

Me:"I would think so, what do you think?"

Nusaybah:"I will get married, but what happen if there is no men left?"

Me:* laughing*" what do you mean?"

Nusaybah:" what happen if all the men are married?"

Me:" what make you think like that?"

Nusaybah:"because when I looked around, I saw all the men are married"

Me:"how do you know Nusaybah?"

Nusaybah:"they walk with women or they hold their children hands"

Me: "but look at that man!(there was a man walking on his own), he is not with a woman nor a child"

Nusaybah:"well his wife maybe at home, mama"

Me:"ermm, you're right, but trust me, there are many men not married yet, but you don't want to marry those men, they will be very old by the time you're grown up"

Nusaybah:"so who can I marry mama?"

Me:"anyone at your age or slightly older or a little bit younger... Those uncles will
Be 80 or 90 years old by the time you're twenty"

Nusaybah:" so I can only marry a man like my age mama?, like my friend?"

Me:" yes... Maybe" at this point I am slightly worried with the way i answered her qs.

Nusaybah:" so if a man is already married, can I marry him, mama?"

Ops!.... I truly don't know what to say and how to say it!

I can't say yes (even though is halal to be second third or fourth wife) but I don't want to plant that idea at such a young age 

and I can't say no because that'll teach her something different from what Allah's ï·» messenger has taught. 

I just say:" I prefer you marry someone whose not married yet and don't worry about it now, it's still a looong way to go, you need to study, learn a lot and memorise Quran and when you're twenty we can talk about it.

Then she didn't respond apart from smiling 

*phew...tough questions but again it made me learning new things*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful British Columbia Part 1

Ini hasil jepretan ku hari sabtu kemarin....Alhamdulillah kami berempat, my twin, her hubbby, her son and daughter pergi bareng2 ke Waterfront, Cypress mountain (tempat sky) Horsehoe bay (port yang cantik), Stanley park, melewati Lion Gate (semacam jembatan di Bosphorus - Tureky) dan juga Squamish (ada air terjunnya). aku berhasil mengumpulkan 200 pics alhamdulillah! puaaaaassssssssssssss

Pemandangan selama naik Ferry Vancouver- Victoria

Poto ini aku ambil saat naik boat berangkat ke Victoria...sedang sunssetnya saat balik ke Vancouver....SubhanAllah....what a incredible view!

My Poor English

Sudah hampir 2 tahun aku di Inggris dan sejak itu pula bahasa inggris adalah bahasa utama dan bisa dibilang bahasa sehari hari.....alhamdulillah awal awal ngomong suamiku cuman bisa ketawa ketiwi aja mendengar isterinya belepotan ngomongnya...tapi sekarang kadang malah memuji 'wow your english is much better than me now...' cieeeeeeeeeee....seneng dooong hai....tapi apakah itu sekedar pujian untuk membesarkan hati isterinya yang gak pede ama bahasa inggrisnya ataukah memang demikian.....diriku tidak peduli...kalo suami yang ngomong percaya aja deh *hueee...iya dong daripada mikir yang aneh2..mendhing positip aja :P* dalam hal speaking emang diriku agak pede but kalo udah listening apalagi bicara lewat telpon yang sifatnya formal (bukan dengan sisters) masih aja grogi dan bahkan masih berantakan....habis kita sendiri gak bisa lihat gerak mulut mereka dan gak bisa pasang muka bingung dihadapan mereka supaya mereka (lawan bicara kita) memperlambat kecepatan bicaranya...karena...