Skip to main content

{Percakapan} marriage

On one afternoon my Rumaysa 5 years old was curious about the topic of marriage (God knows why!)

Rumaysa:” mama, why do you marry baba?”

While preparing dinner I answered casually:”because he’s a good man, very responsible and most importantly he is a good Muslim ماشاء الله “

And I forgot to mention the important part that he’s not my relative 😃

Rumaysa:”oh.... so can I marry Hudayfah when I grow up?”

Me:”no you can’t, because he’s your brother”

R:”so who can I marry then?”

Me:”anyone else that is not blood related to you, someone you might never meet before, a stranger”

R:”a strangeeeeeeer??!!” (I wrote that way because she was really shocked lol)
But mama you told us not to even talk to a stranger how can I marry a stranger then???

*facepalm*

LESSON:

1. It’s so obvious I wasn’t prepared with the answer of such question! but it’s okay because parenting is also a learning process for everyone.

2. Choose the right words and expression to explain a “grown up” subjects (of course I didn’t in this instance lol)

3. Simplify the abstract concepts in explaining to 5 yo without changing the substance (mind you, I can only tell you the theory, in practice??? Lord help me!!)

4. Give a portion that s/he can chew so it won’t create more confusion and most importantly create more questions 🙈

Good luck to all mothers out there

These kids are growing way too fast

بارك الله فيكم

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful British Columbia Part 1

Ini hasil jepretan ku hari sabtu kemarin....Alhamdulillah kami berempat, my twin, her hubbby, her son and daughter pergi bareng2 ke Waterfront, Cypress mountain (tempat sky) Horsehoe bay (port yang cantik), Stanley park, melewati Lion Gate (semacam jembatan di Bosphorus - Tureky) dan juga Squamish (ada air terjunnya). aku berhasil mengumpulkan 200 pics alhamdulillah! puaaaaassssssssssssss

Pemandangan selama naik Ferry Vancouver- Victoria

Poto ini aku ambil saat naik boat berangkat ke Victoria...sedang sunssetnya saat balik ke Vancouver....SubhanAllah....what a incredible view!

My Poor English

Sudah hampir 2 tahun aku di Inggris dan sejak itu pula bahasa inggris adalah bahasa utama dan bisa dibilang bahasa sehari hari.....alhamdulillah awal awal ngomong suamiku cuman bisa ketawa ketiwi aja mendengar isterinya belepotan ngomongnya...tapi sekarang kadang malah memuji 'wow your english is much better than me now...' cieeeeeeeeeee....seneng dooong hai....tapi apakah itu sekedar pujian untuk membesarkan hati isterinya yang gak pede ama bahasa inggrisnya ataukah memang demikian.....diriku tidak peduli...kalo suami yang ngomong percaya aja deh *hueee...iya dong daripada mikir yang aneh2..mendhing positip aja :P* dalam hal speaking emang diriku agak pede but kalo udah listening apalagi bicara lewat telpon yang sifatnya formal (bukan dengan sisters) masih aja grogi dan bahkan masih berantakan....habis kita sendiri gak bisa lihat gerak mulut mereka dan gak bisa pasang muka bingung dihadapan mereka supaya mereka (lawan bicara kita) memperlambat kecepatan bicaranya...karena...