Skip to main content

Nusaybah and her advice!

Once upon a time....
I told Rumaysa to stop
Playing with the tap and water in the bathroom (she loves playing with the water) and she kept saying "noo mama.. Nooooo..." (Imagine drama scene)

Using a slightly elevated tone of voice, I told Rumaysa: "if you don't stop and don't listen to mama, I will send you to the thinking corner for 2 minutes!!!".

Well.... Theoritically (lol) I shouldn't address the issue using an elevated tone. I should have calm, cool, collected. Yeah!! One of those days.

And then came Nusaybah reminding and addressing me (using teacher type of tone- calm and low pitch)

"Mama, it's not nice to speak like that to your own child... You should not shout, you should speak nicely, Allah wont be happy with you... So now say sorry to Rumaysa.."

Mak nyessssss!!!! (Apa ya
Bahasa Inggrisnya??) 

It changed my mood instantly! I was so happy with the way she "handled" me and the situation. I smile at Nusaybah and follow her order... Apologising to Rumaysa. 

This was not the first time and Some other time I would argue and told Nusaybah that Rumaysa was the one who should listen to me for I am her mom but I realised the more I do that, the more I give example to Nusaybah that it's okay to talk back..

Sometimes, swallowing our own pride and anger is way more dignified then continue to argue and debate even to our little ones.

It's a big amaanah having children and we might think that we are the one who teach them but often they are the one who push us to learn and be more mature.

Allahu yubariklaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful British Columbia Part 1

Ini hasil jepretan ku hari sabtu kemarin....Alhamdulillah kami berempat, my twin, her hubbby, her son and daughter pergi bareng2 ke Waterfront, Cypress mountain (tempat sky) Horsehoe bay (port yang cantik), Stanley park, melewati Lion Gate (semacam jembatan di Bosphorus - Tureky) dan juga Squamish (ada air terjunnya). aku berhasil mengumpulkan 200 pics alhamdulillah! puaaaaassssssssssssss

Pemandangan selama naik Ferry Vancouver- Victoria

Poto ini aku ambil saat naik boat berangkat ke Victoria...sedang sunssetnya saat balik ke Vancouver....SubhanAllah....what a incredible view!

Rambutan = Hairy??

Siang itu, habis pulang dari ngajar di East Ham, aku mampir ke toko India langgananku. berbunga bunga sekali karena aku melihat buah rambutan yang sudah hampir 3 tahun tidak aku ingat rasanya. ada juga manggis disana, yeah ..this is the True London Man!, everything you want you'll get it as long as you have money....believe or not rambutan 8 biji seharga £1.28 alias 21.000 rupiah. artinya 1 BIJI SEHARGA Rp.2.720 great or crazy huh????? tapi demi cinta...*cielaaaah* nggak ding, demi rinduku yang menggebu terhadap rasanya buah rambutan, aku beli aja. aku sempet excited dan berbunga bunga ingin menunjukkan buah "aneh" ala Indonesia ke suamiku, salah satunya adalah rambutan. setahuku suami belum pernah lihat buah ini waktu dia ke Indo, belum juga pernah aku lihat blionya makan. so this would be a great time to introduce a new thing to him *dalam hati udah semangat 45* sampai dirumah, suami belum pulang.....pas pulang langsung aku ajak ke dapur, melihat kejutan-ku....eh ...