Skip to main content

Nusaybah and her advice!

Once upon a time....
I told Rumaysa to stop
Playing with the tap and water in the bathroom (she loves playing with the water) and she kept saying "noo mama.. Nooooo..." (Imagine drama scene)

Using a slightly elevated tone of voice, I told Rumaysa: "if you don't stop and don't listen to mama, I will send you to the thinking corner for 2 minutes!!!".

Well.... Theoritically (lol) I shouldn't address the issue using an elevated tone. I should have calm, cool, collected. Yeah!! One of those days.

And then came Nusaybah reminding and addressing me (using teacher type of tone- calm and low pitch)

"Mama, it's not nice to speak like that to your own child... You should not shout, you should speak nicely, Allah wont be happy with you... So now say sorry to Rumaysa.."

Mak nyessssss!!!! (Apa ya
Bahasa Inggrisnya??) 

It changed my mood instantly! I was so happy with the way she "handled" me and the situation. I smile at Nusaybah and follow her order... Apologising to Rumaysa. 

This was not the first time and Some other time I would argue and told Nusaybah that Rumaysa was the one who should listen to me for I am her mom but I realised the more I do that, the more I give example to Nusaybah that it's okay to talk back..

Sometimes, swallowing our own pride and anger is way more dignified then continue to argue and debate even to our little ones.

It's a big amaanah having children and we might think that we are the one who teach them but often they are the one who push us to learn and be more mature.

Allahu yubariklaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful British Columbia Part 1

Ini hasil jepretan ku hari sabtu kemarin....Alhamdulillah kami berempat, my twin, her hubbby, her son and daughter pergi bareng2 ke Waterfront, Cypress mountain (tempat sky) Horsehoe bay (port yang cantik), Stanley park, melewati Lion Gate (semacam jembatan di Bosphorus - Tureky) dan juga Squamish (ada air terjunnya). aku berhasil mengumpulkan 200 pics alhamdulillah! puaaaaassssssssssssss

Pemandangan selama naik Ferry Vancouver- Victoria

Poto ini aku ambil saat naik boat berangkat ke Victoria...sedang sunssetnya saat balik ke Vancouver....SubhanAllah....what a incredible view!

My Poor English

Sudah hampir 2 tahun aku di Inggris dan sejak itu pula bahasa inggris adalah bahasa utama dan bisa dibilang bahasa sehari hari.....alhamdulillah awal awal ngomong suamiku cuman bisa ketawa ketiwi aja mendengar isterinya belepotan ngomongnya...tapi sekarang kadang malah memuji 'wow your english is much better than me now...' cieeeeeeeeeee....seneng dooong hai....tapi apakah itu sekedar pujian untuk membesarkan hati isterinya yang gak pede ama bahasa inggrisnya ataukah memang demikian.....diriku tidak peduli...kalo suami yang ngomong percaya aja deh *hueee...iya dong daripada mikir yang aneh2..mendhing positip aja :P* dalam hal speaking emang diriku agak pede but kalo udah listening apalagi bicara lewat telpon yang sifatnya formal (bukan dengan sisters) masih aja grogi dan bahkan masih berantakan....habis kita sendiri gak bisa lihat gerak mulut mereka dan gak bisa pasang muka bingung dihadapan mereka supaya mereka (lawan bicara kita) memperlambat kecepatan bicaranya...karena...