Skip to main content

Lazyyyyy...

I don't know why...but since ramadhan started I was soo lazy to update my blog / MP....well...during ramadhan I promised myself not to post because I know I would spend too much time sitting in front of my Computer...I know that i couldn't stop myself sometimes once i started. thats one of the reasons why coz i don't want to miss any moment of blessed ramadhan. for some people who are very good, they'll time themselves what, how long and when to stop blogging but not me though, therefore again I have to promise to me myself....and finally after such a long time I didn't post, now the promise changes into laziness...yes..I become veryy lazyyyy....I only post a short thing or copy-paste posting but it's not the 'real' posting though for me.

Actually I was feeling a bit low and down lately..why?? it's because the fact that I celebrated Eid miles apart from my extended family AGAIN! it was very hard ....I know that I have my own family now (although it's only my hubby still) but we are family now..we start a new life, we start working together hand in hand to achieve something worthy...but yes..life is about sacrifce....

last eid and last ramadhan was my 4th eid & ramadhan in UK....somehow I would say that the ramadhan gone was the best one amongst all those 4. I enjoyed the begining till the end...I had different things to do each week...

the 1st week, I spent in netherlands with hubby's family...It located in Alkmaar, fortunately they lived just a few yards from a mosque, halal butcher, supermarket and downtown....nearly everyday I spent time watching Islamic Programme (islam channel and some arab channel). it was full of brilliant and informative programme such as story of the prophets, tafsir, Questions and answer with the sheikh, etc.....and also live coverage of Taraweeh in Makkah...subhanAllah....during daytime I went to downtown, took some pictures, hunted some Indonesian food, and also visited the biggest market in the town.....that was brilliant...they sold many jilbab, khimar, islamic stuff veryyy cheap but high quality.

the next week I reached London and all real life started.....the 2nd week ramadhan was busy with all da'wah activities in my area, there were sooo many talks and fundrasing events that I had to attend and wanted to attend....alhamdulillah I managed to go to all the events I wanted to...and alhamdulillah I met a lot of 'old' friends I had, it was sooo excited, I met some of my ex-student, their kids and also some sisters that already moved in another area.

the 3rd week, I spent mostly attending Ifthar (buka bersama) invitation. this time for me and my husband...as far as I remember, it was about 5 families invited us to come to their house. so lietrally everyday I had to go somewhere to break my fast, the good things was I don't have TO COOK!!!! yeeyyyyy!! .that was great! we ate very delicious food, had a laugh, met a new friends and learned a new tradition from different countries.....we were really busy with invitation so we found it hard to find a time to invite our friends.....inshaAllah hopefully next year.

and the last week of ramadhan is the one I enjoyed the most! we went to central London (world Muslim leauge) where there were talk by well-known sheikh and also Qiyam in every odd nights.....alhamdulillah it was unbelievibly fantastic! inshaAllah I pray that Allah gives me the better place where I can spend my last 10 days of ramadhan next year! where will it be? i think you knew the answer ^_^

then Eid came, it was a bit unprepared though for me as I did actually expected the Eid would be on saturday...but after seaching some information from Internet, mosques and also friends then I finally had to celebrate it on friday because some muslim countries already sighted the moon of shawwal....Allahu AKbar!

So I started clean the house that night, and prepare the best cloth I had and arranged Eid dinner at my place with a few neighbour..as usual we prayed at East London Mosque...some Indonesian friends asked me to go with them to pray in Indonesian Embassy (central London) but it was a bit too far for us and I wasn't sure if we could make it on time, beside my hubby loves 'his mosque'. so no chance for me! hehe....

we came from the Eid prayer, then did some cooking, and then had a rest a litle bit, shortly after that, the 1st guests come. so....we celebrate Eid with neighbours....about 3 sisters and 6 brothers came...2 indonesian sisters and 1 maroccon. and most of the brothers were Muallaf, 1 russian, 1 australian, 2 english, 1 Indonesian and 1 bengali brother.....mashaAllah they did enjoy themselves and they left my house at 2.00am in the morning! what about me??? already travelled to dreamland as all the sister guests went home early.

the next day of Eid, I spent it with my hubby's family who lived just outside London...we came home late evening, tired and then sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

sunday...it was cleaning day.....so....the whole day I was busy with cleaning, tidy up all stuff, did the laundry.....and that was it really.....the rest of the days were the same as if it wasn't Eid.....

sad enough to hear that all my family gathered at my parent's house backhome.....I wish I was there.....but inshaAllah, with the help of Allah, I will be oneday....I miss them All..

for all the readers...hope you enjoy the eid days....

maaf nih, psoting dalam bahsa inggris...lagi mood pake bhs inggris nih....meski acak adul...semoga gak bikin puyeng deh :)

NB: maksud dari postingan ini bukan 'complaint' kok...cuman part of my life story aja...karena kadang ada banyak yang nanya "di blog kisahnya kok yang seneng seneng doang mba, gak pernah sedih yah??" nah..ketahuan kan sekarang kalo saya juga bisa sedih, tapi karena sedihnya berlalu makanya udah bisa nylis blog ..jadi saya gak sedih lagi....loh gimana thoh???

Comments

icHaaWe said…
MAles tuh penyakit musiman lagi mbak... nikmatin ajah..selalgi masih bisa bermalas2an ...:P
aaqilyas'mum said…
emang sedih eid tanpa keluarga dekat (without dissing the existence of our own hubby of course! heheh) tapi buat aku tuh lebih kerasa banget homesick kita during the whole month of Ramadhan. Suasana yang lebih Islami menggema dari masjid ke jalan2 & kerumah. Acara2 tv (minus sinetron2 non edukatif itu dong) yg bermanfaat. Belum lagi sahur dan buka yang rame.. masakan mami aduh..
mbrebes aku.
kamu sih :P

Popular posts from this blog

my Special Student

Seneng...happy lega dan terharu...itulah yang aku rasakan ketika murid 'istimewaku' menyelesaikan Iqra jilid 6 minggu yang lalu...percaya atau nggak aku menitikkan airmata dan menangis sesenggukan dihadapan dia, ibu dan kakak perempuannya....yah...airmata bahagia karena dia yang setahun yang lalu tidak tahu sama sekali huruf hijaiyah kini bisa membaca Al Quran meski masih pelan dan terbata bata...tapi makhrojul hurufnya bagus, ghunnahnya ada, bacaan Mad-nya benar....dan aku bayangkan jika seterusnya dia membaca Quran dan mungkin mengajarkannya kepada orang lain maka inshaAllah akan banyak pahala berlipat ganda... Namanya Tasfiyah ...seorang gadis cilik bangladeshi berusia 6 tahun saat pertama kali aku bertemu dengannya....Ibunya sengaja mengundangku datang ke rumah nya karena memang tasfi tidak suka dan tidak mau pergi ke masjid kenapa? karena sangat melelahkan...bayangkan aja 2 jam di setiap hari sepulang sekolah, belum lagi belajar bersama dengan 30 orang murid didampingi 1

Tuk Semua Ibu-Ibu

At 05 July, 2006 , Mother of Abdullaah said… Whaa kalo aku pribadi, emaknya sendiri musti banyak belajar.. kira2 kalo ngimpi punya anak hafidzah 'layak' gak ya :D At 05 July, 2006 , Inaya Salisya said… Wah subhanalloh ya.. Ina juga pengen mbak, tapi ga ada do it hehe... ummu Aqilla terharuuu...terharu biru...jadi semangat nyiapin anak jd hafidz nhafidzah. jazakillahkhoir, ukh! Atas dasar 3 komen diatas akhirnya aku tertarik untuk ngasih komentar tentang cita cita punya anak hazidz/hafidzah...dimanapun seorang ibu pasti ingin anak2nya menjadi anak yang sholeh dan sholehah...hanya mungkin gambaran masing2 ibu berbeda dan derajat kesholehan yang mereka gambarkan dan inginkan juga pasti berbeda satu sama lain.....namun terlepas dari itu semua, setiap ibu muslimah pasti sangat bahagia dan bangga jika punya anak2 yang bisa menjadi penghapal Quran alias hafidz...kenapa ? karena sekian banyak pahala yang bakal dapat diraih dari sang Ortu dan juga sang anak..hanya saja cita2 y

Kisah sedih seorang dokter

Al kisah ada seorang teman laki laki yang pernah bersekolah dengan suami waktu jaman SMP dan SMA. Sebut saja namanya Amr, Amr datang dari keluarga miskin bahkan bisa dibilang sangat miskin, dia dirawat oleh bibinya yang juga kekurangan. Tidak jarang Amr harus menahan lapar ketika berangkat sekolah. Namun semangatnya yang tinggi mengalahkan rasa laparnya....hari berganti hari, Amr melanjutkan sekolah ke SMP, disitulah Amr bertemu dengan suamiku, hampir tiap hari mereka berbagi makanan bersama, subhanAllah...meski demikian, bisa dibilang Amr sangat cerdas dan pekerja keras, hal ini terbukti dengan prestasi sekolah yang patut bibnya banggakan. Di SMP itu ada sekitar 12 kelas dan masing masing kelas ada sekitar 70 siswa.....diantara ratusan siswa Amr selalu menjadi juara 1, sampai sampai dia diberi kebolehan naik kelas berikutnya hanya dalam waktu 6 bulan, walhasil dalam setahun dia naik kelas 2 kali dan setiap naik kelas dia selalu menjadi TOP STUDENT! Ketika masuk SMA, hal yang sam